Monday 17 June 2013

Oh My Cloche!

Once again I am taken back to my school days,
and this time it's to Mrs. Campbell's English Literature class.
Surprisingly, being forced to study F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel, The Great Gatsby, for my A Level did not make me despise it! 
I think the key was the whimsical depiction of the opulence and glamour of the Jazz Age, that captured my imagination.


The whirlwind of publicity for the remake of The Great Gatsby movie has swept through Wellywood, and inspired many in terms of style.
With the onset of Wellington's famous winter wind and rain, these cloche style hats are perfect. They will keep the raindrops off my new short hairdo, and much less likely to blow away in that wind!

Cloche with Pleats - Maggie Mobray Millinery
I found this beautiful hat on Etsy, courtesy of Maggie Mobray
- stunning.
Another modern twist on the cloche - geometric angles at the nape...

Geometric Cloche Hat - LisaLuFashion
Check out www.etsy.com for more hats of the cloche variety.
My advice - avoid any with flowers attached... this can look dated and frumpy. Stick to the clean and simple designs!


No comments:

Post a Comment